Symposium a Success!
The sector is still buzzing following the hugely successful Visions for Leadership in Family Day Care Symposium which was held in Adelaide from 24-25 October 2014.
- Network Tour – The bus trip was a big hit with the group who enjoyed the opportunity to explore educator environments, share ideas and network.
- Plenary Sessions – The six panelists discussed some important issues facing the sector, focusing on the theme of leadership. Delegates were challenged and uplifted while contributing to a shared vision for the future.
- Keynote Speakers and Surprise Acts – Everyone was enthralled and entertained by Adam Fraser and Mark McCrindle’s presentations and the day ended on a high with a moving performance by the Sisters of Invention and an interactive musical experience hosted by Drum Circle Events.
- MP Speeches – It was an honour to host both the Assistant Minister for Education the Hon Sussan Ley MP and Shadow Minister for Early Childhood the Hon Kate Ellis MP who both spoke about their strong support for the family day care sector.
- Gala Dinner – The delegates got dressed up, celebrated their achievements and danced the night away at our glittering awards ceremony.
Almost 300 delegates attended the two day event from which we have already received some incredibly positive feedback as many left feeling inspired, energised and connected.
A range of Symposium resources are now available for review and more resources will be added over the coming weeks. If you would like to view some of the resources please click on one of the buttons below.